Myths and Truths
- Myth: There is hardened fecal matter in the bowel that is removed by colonics. From years of experience and seeing first hand the results of colonoscopy procedures, we have never observed this to be the case. People can be constipated but this is different then hardened waste attaching to the walls of the colon.
- Myth: Colonics is a safe method of weight loss. Colonics is not about weight loss, it is about rejuvenating and maintaining health.
- Myth: People become dependent on colonics. In fact, laxatives are what people become more dependent on. We use a gravity system which requires clients to push waste out themselves, thus training natural bowel function.
- Myth: Colonics removes good flora from the bowels and offsets the electrolyte balance. At the Colon Health and Education Centre, we use a 100% isotonic solution during each colonic treatment, which maintains proper electrolyte balance and helps regenerate good flora. We also offer yummy probiotic drinks to achieve a healthy internal environment.
- Myth: Laxatives are much safer then colonics. Laxatives can be dangerous and should be used with caution. They can remove good flora and minerals, can cause chronic constipation and can promote dependency. Colonics, on the other hand does none of these things (when done properly); it is a completely safe and effective promoter of healthy bowel functioning.